Online Career Profiles & Social Networking
Online Career Profiles and Social Networking. Built a working prototype in January 2003 of a career profile social networking service. Business model included fees for:
- barter economy - transactions
- linking advertisers to testimonials (e.g. member product/service reviews)
- job postings
- project posting and project team bidding
- elearning, webcasts
- professional certifications
Innovative thinker, product visionary, author, expert authority, and speaker on the opportunities for online career networking:
- My article on Mark Granovetter's Strength of Weak Ties comes up number 4 in a Google search on "Strength of Weak Ties".
- Practical application of "Strength of Weak Ties" theory at my Software Product Marketing eGroup is featured in an article in the New York Times titled "A Little Help from Friends of Friends".
- ProfGuilds (a.k.a. Working Persona) executive summary and presentation. Prototype is no longer available, however here is the working specification for the "Connections and Validations" and a screenshot of the member profile homepage.
- Founder and manager of the Software Product Marketing eGroup a.k.a. ProfGuilds.
- Regular speaker on the topic of social software.
- "My Career is MY Business" presentation